The Advantages of Heating Oil
V-Fuel is an experienced and dependable home heating oil company. We've been in business locally for over 75 years, which means we truly understand the heating oil business in Connecticut. Our impeccable service and reliability enhance our competitive heating oil prices and make V-Fuel a standout in the industry. We offer numerous pricing options and service agreements to suit your individual needs and our experienced technicians make sure to keep your home neat after our visits.
When it comes to heating your home, it's important to make the right choice for you and your family. Here are the advantages of heating oil:
Heating oil is safe.
- It will not burn in a liquid state. In order to set heating oil on fire, you must heat it above 140 degrees, the temperature at which it begins to vaporize.
- There are visible warnings if there is an oil burner malfunction. With home heating oil systems, carbon monoxide leaks rarely happen without warning. If an oil burner malfunctions, it will release smoke or soot as a visible warning. These warnings serve as an early indication that something is wrong before dangerous levels of carbon monoxide are released into the air.
- It is non-explosive. A match dropped into heating oil will go out as if it were dropped into water.
- Tanks won't leak: Modern heating oil tanks are made from corrosion-resistant materials to prevent leaks.
Heating oil is "green."
- It burns cleanly. Today's heating oil burns 95 percent cleaner than it did in 1970. Due to these improvements, it complies with the air pollution standards set by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Low-sulfur products and biofuels, often made from domestic renewable resources, will further reduce the already near-zero emissions.
- It is kind to the environment. Residential heating oil equipment creates such a minuscule amount of emissions that it is not even regulated by the Federal Clean Air Act.
Heating oil is dependable.
- It offers dependable and safe storage. With heating oil, you benefit from having your fuel stored in an oil tank on your property. This will ensure that you don't need to worry about the weather or disruptions in the heating oil supply. And with our automatic home heating oil delivery option, you should always have plenty of fuel!
- There will always be a plentiful supply. Even during the coldest winter months, there's more than enough heating oil for everyone. In fact, the United States has a Strategic Petroleum Reserve with a capacity of 727 million barrels, the world's largest emergency oil stockpile, and a two-million-barrel heating oil reserve. There are over 100 oil-producing countries, and the U.S. is not dependent on any one country or region for its supply.
- You can rely on us! V-Fuel offers dependable, courteous personalized service - with 24-hour emergency response.
Heating oil is economical.
Heating oil is efficient.
- Heating oil is hot! Of all heating fuels, heating oil has the hottest flame - for satisfying warmth, and rapid space and water heating.
- Heating oil systems are extremely efficient! Thanks to major advancements being made in oil burner technology, some heating oil systems now boast efficiency ratings of over 95 percent! Modern heating oil equipment burns significantly less fuel than it previously had. The average annual fuel consumption in 1973 was 1,294 gallons. Today, it is only 833 gallons, that's 35 percent less fuel.
If you are looking for a professional, reliable heating oil supplier with competitive prices, contact us today!